Richard A. Conklin
Phone: (616) 458-3994
Rick Conklin is an Associate with Reeder, Plachta, and Murphy. He is a Grand Rapids, Michigan native and has been with the firm since the Fall of 2020. Rick is an Eagle Scout, and his hobbies include hiking, rock climbing, camping, aerial photography, and spending time with his family.
In his free time, Rick owns and operates Drone 616, LLC, an aerial video and photography business. Rick uses his experience as a small business owner to offer a unique perspective when counseling our business clients. Through this hobby, Rick continues to explore the complex and uncertain area of Aviation and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Law.
Rick has a passion for helping others and giving back to the community. He is a lifetime member of the VFW Auxiliary post 702. He enjoys volunteering with the VFW at various functions and at the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans.
Rick uses his experience to help counsel clients and achieve their goals.
- Estate Planning
- Probate Estate and Trust Administration
- Business Formation, Succession Planning, and other business-related matters
- Collections and Accounts Receivable
- Contract Preparation, Negotiation, Review, and other contract-related matters
- Real Property Matters
- Family Law Matters
- Veterans Affairs Matters
- Aviation and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Law
Rick received his law degree, cum laude, from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. He was recognized with the WMU Cooley Law School Leadership Achievement Award and served as President of the West Michigan Student Bar Association. Prior to law school, Rick received his B.S. in Communication Studies from Grand Valley State University.
- J.D. cum laude, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, 2021
- B.S., Grand Valley State University, 2018
- Michigan, 2021