MIles J. Murphy
Phone: (616) 458-3994
Miles J. Murphy III is a Grand Rapids native and graduate of the University of Notre Dame (B.A. in Economic) and University of Detroit School of Law. Miles has practiced in Grand Rapids since 1986 and specializes in a variety of litigation and administrative law areas including Family Law, Personal Injury/Insurance, Veterans’ Law, Criminal and License Restoration, and General Civil Litigation.
Miles is admitted to practice in Michigan (1986) as well as the U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan; Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals; and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan.
Miles has extensive bench and jury trial experience in various Michigan Circuit Courts.
Miles is active in the Grand Rapids Bar Association Pro Bono and Kent County Case Evaluator programs. Miles is also a member of bar organizations including: Grand Rapids Bar Association; National Organization of Veterans Attorneys (NOVA); National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR); and Knights of Columbus (Council #13499).
Miles is happily married to his wife Cindy and they are the proud parents of four children. Miles is active at Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church in Grand Rapids. In his free time, Miles enjoys coaching, travel, and various sports including running, basketball, and golf. Miles also has participated in voluntary activities including tutoring with the Grand Rapids Public Schools and pro bono activities.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- University of Detroit School of Law, J.D.
- Michigan, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1986
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1998
- State Bar of Michigan, General Practice, Social Security, and Negligence Law Section
- Catholic Lawyers Association
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Litigation and Family Law Sections
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR)
- National Organization of Veteran Attorneys (NOVA)
Additional Affiliations and Achievements
- Notre Dame Club of Grand Rapids
- Pro Bono Program of West Michigan
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish and prior Council Member
- Knights of Columbus Council #13499
- Kent County Circuit Court Case Evaluator